Competitors are asked to create a drink, containing the following elements: solid, liquid and gas. The winning bartender will be awarded with a rotovap.
Manufacturer – Wilmad-LabGlass
Manufacturer reference – WG-EV311-V-PLUS
- Automatic evaporating flask lift-out mechanism
- 5L stainless steel heating bath
- One piece vapor duct prevents sample cross contamination
- Digital PID controlled heating bath with +/- 0.1C accuracy
Staritsky & Levitsky was founded by a group of vodka enthusiasts, passionate about reviving the heritage and traditions of authentic, small batch vodka distillation in the historic birthplace of the vodka production. After years of field trips, tastings and recipe research in the geographic “vodka belt” of Europe, they found the perfect place for their venture in the city of L’viv, in Ukraine, close to the Polish border and the protected Carpathian mountains with their crystal clear water wells, and with access to Ukraine’s black soil, which produces unique grains for distillation.
How to enter the Science of Staritsky & Levitsky Cocktail Competition
The final will be in London on May 30th 2017
Please note, the Entry Deadline date is 22nd May, the judging panel will select competitors from the submitted entries.
Your bar must stock Staritsky & Levitsky Reserve vodka
Your cocktail must contain Staritsky & Levitsky Reserve and it must be the main ingredient
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL BARTENDERS, MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS OF THE UKBG
Please send you recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ingredients can be measured using a measuring cup/jigger or free poured.
- S&L reserve will be provided,
- all other ingredients to be supplied by compettitor
- Competitors are expected to use their own bar utensils, and glasses to prepare the cocktails.
- Garnishes will consist only of edible fruit or vegetable.
- Each competitor shall be limited to six (6) minutes in mixing
- Each competitor must submit a recipe containing a minimum of 25ml of Staritsky & Levitsky Reserve
- The recipe shall be an original creation
- Each competitor must submit a 50-100 words explaining their drink and what inspired their creation
To enter, you can either speak directly to your local Emporia rep, or submit your entry on the UKBG website.