UKBG National Cocktail Competition 2021
The official hub page for the UKBG NCC. Full info, latest news and information on entry, rules and eligibility. The hub will be updated regularly as the competition progresses, so check back often!
The UK Bartenders Guild’s National Cocktail Competition 2021, was delivered in partnership with the Akashi Sake Brewery and Kaikyо̄ Distillery.
Congratulations to our winner, Matteo Basso of the Malt Bar and Lounge, London – UKBG NCC2021 Champion.
The NCC is the rally cry for bartenders and mixologists from across the UK to show us what you’ve got, in one of the most important events in the hospitality industry calendar.
The entire country competes to win not only a grand prize and a title – but also the opportunity to represent the nation at the International Bartenders Association World Cocktail Championship, hosted next year in Russia.
The NCC gives our community an opportunity to learn from each other, to inspire each other with new recipes, innovative bartending techniques, flavour pairings, and platform their creativity on a global platform.
Our partnership and the theme of this year’s competition aims to bring Japanese beverage culture to a wider audience throughout Europe.
The Top Places in the UK to Enjoy a G&T this International Gin and Tonic Day – as Voted by Bartenders
From gin parlours to classic cocktail bars, bartenders reveal the top spots to enjoy a G&T this International Gin and
The UKBG has joined forces with the UKSA to bring together the wine and spirits trade under one roof for
We all are aware that the challenges of the past few years have taken their toll on the physical and
Bringing the joy of the Mediterranean Aperitivo to you. Does your knowledge of Vermouth stop at how to mix a
MEET THE SPONSORS
Akashi-Tai sakes are the fruit of the quest for excellence undertaken by the Akashi Sake Brewery. This family-run brewery has been based in the port city of Akashi since 1856.
Launched by the Kaikyo Distillery in 2018, created by Master Distiller & Blender, Kimio Yonezawa. Elegant but accessible whiskies with flavours reminiscent of Akashi, Japan.
135° EAST, Hyogo Dry Gin
Updated 28.10.21This page will be regularly updated. Check back for updates. Entry for the UKBG NCC has now closed.
- Successful semi-finalists have been invited back to attend a successive masterclass, with Hatozaki Whisky – the ‘Ultimate Highball’ round of the competition
- The ‘Ultimate Highball’ round serves as our regional semi-finals and will see the UKBG travelling the country to find our regional finalists.
- The top competitors from each UK region and one finalist from the maritime branch will then be shortlisted for the UKBG final event in 2021
- Competitors will be asked to present two cocktails – an Akashi-Tai cocktail, and an 135º East Gin cocktail
- The second cocktail recipe must be an interpretation of a ‘Fizz’ cocktail, as referenced under Section 2 of the 1937 Café Royal Cocktail Book